Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mane Squeeze

Image via squidoo.com.

Oh God Jesus. Even after my oh-so-sad Super Cuts sampling (result: meh), my hair is still in full force suckage. It needs a cut. It needs highlights. It needs...more than I can possibly afford to give it right now. 

Luckily, my friends over at recessionwire.com have rounded up some places where you can go to tame your locks on a budget: 

"What
Wash/cut/blow-dry: $8 (add $5 for longer locks)
Deep conditioning treatment: $7

Where
Empire Beauty School: 22 West 34th Street
Student Salon: 1-888-898-8903

More deals we've heard about but haven't tried:

What:
Free cut/color/styling if your locks are suitable for open model call.

Where: 
415 W. 13th St, New York, NY
Fill out pre-evaluation form on the website.

What: 
Free haircuts by student stylists on Tuesdays, 9am-noon.

Where: 
15 E. 12th St., 2nd Floor; 212-414-0195"

I've also heard tell that you can get a cut and color done by a trainee for about $60 at the Aveda Institute, though getting an appointment there is about as easy as gaining entrance to the Lincoln bedroom. Still, it's worth a shot: 212. 807. 1492. Make sure you are clear that you want a student cut, and make sure you set aside plenty of time for the appointment, citysearch.com seems to indicate that things there are slow going. 

Now, if you'll excuse me: I'm off to find myself some sort of hairnet/hat situation. 

No comments: