Monday, March 2, 2009

Wholly Cheap Foods

Image via wholefoodsmarket.com

For Christmas, my boyfriend enrolled me in a knife skills class at the Whole Foods Bowery Culinary Center on Houston Street. It was awesome: we learned to chop, dice, and julienne just about any old thing and in the end we got to eat the fruits of our labors. I walked out of the class feeling like a samurai swordswoman. Seriously, don't mess with me: I'll cut a bitch.

Since then I've been monitoring Whole Food's class calendar closely, and was pleased to see that in addition to some of their hands-on classes, they offer some lectures and demonstrations...for free. 

One in particular caught my eye (and the eye of my helpful friend Nina--Thanks Neens!): 

Tuesday, April 7th
Small Budget, Big Flavor
7:00pm-7:45pm FREE! Demonstration and Tasting

Welcome bargain hunters! Join us in the Culinary Center as we demonstrate meals that steal hearts and bulk out budgets. Learn money-saving quick tips to cook for one, two, four and beyond. Walk away with our in-store brochure, chef's tips, cooking methods, recipes and coupons.

Instructors: Wai Chu, Culinary Center Educator and Christine Lett, Whole Foods Market Demo Coordinator

Check out the other classes offered by the Bowery Culinary Center here. Non-NYers can go to the Whole Foods website to find a Culinary Center location near them. 

No comments: