Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Get the Code Revisited: High-Flying Discounts



















Image via http://home.att.net/~thft/richie.htm

Whoohoo! More tips! This just in, from my super smart and super savvy friend, Dana: 

"RetailMeNot is AMAZING and it's even BETTER when you use the Continental Airlines ShopOnePass links to get to the sites. If you are a Continental Airlines person who tries to stock up miles to periodically visit the parents (and the islands), ShopOnePass is a free and easy way to rack up humongous miles. 

Yesterday, I found a jacket I loved at Banana Republic for $229. Instead of buying it at the store, I went home, found it online, [and found] a RetailMeNot code to knock off 15% (down to $195). Then, I used the ShopOnePass link to get to BananaRepublic.com, and they gave me 6 miles for every dollar plus free shipping. So I got my jacket for less than $200 and I also got 1150 frequent flier miles, which is (in Continental's eyes) the equivalent of flying round-trip from New York to Charleston, SC. A few purchases like that and you're well on your way to a free plane ticket. 

Also, during the holidays, they usually offer 25 miles per dollar at FTD (the florist)."

Read our last posting on retailmenot.com here

No comments: