Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Get the Code, Save a Load

At left: Wedding Season is Coming.... 
Image via alibaba.com

So, here's the thing: I love my friends. I live for my friends. My friends get engaged, I rejoice. My friends register for blingy bowls and chintzy china, I recoil. But I do not retreat. 

Here's why: 9 times out of 10, you can purchase the glitzy glassware of your friends' dreams for way less than is listed on their registry. 

Here's how: retailmenot.com . The site compiles a list of discount codes and coupons (many of which only get sent to frequent shoppers or special customer groups), which you can then use at checkout to get a--sometimes drastically--reduced price. 

The codes don't always work, but when they do it's pretty exciting. (I've been known to squeal.) And the site is not just limited to registry-type stores. I've used it to get a discount on a Hertz car rental as well as to get 15% off my last online clothing purchase. 

So anytime you are buying from the web, hit up retailmenot.com and see if you can't catch a break. After all, couldn't you use one right about now? 

[Editor's Note: If reatilmenot.com doesn't have what you are looking for, you can always try googling the store name + "discount code." It's worth a shot!]

No comments: