Friday, February 20, 2009

Food Emporium Friday


The Food Emporium announces its weekly sales every Friday. And every Friday, Two, Cheap thumbs through the circular to see what's noteworthy. Here are her picks. 

As this is our very first installment of "Food Emporium Friday," I guess I have some 'splaining to do. Every Friday, The Food Emporium--a grocery store chain based here in NYC--posts its weekly sales. The sales are only good for Food Emporium cardholders (it's a free rewards card, not a credit card--and it's totally worth signing up for), and items tend to go fast. As living in NYC often means that I have no idea when I'll be home and cooking, I usually only stock up on those sale items with long shelf-lives: canned veggies, pasta, frozen goods etc. Those are generally what I'll list in this column, though I will add other great deals on fresh produce/meats if they catch my eye. So, without further ado, here are the highlights:

BUMBLE BEE SOLID WHITE TUNA-- 2 for 3$ (you save $1)
RONZONI PASTA -- Select Varieties, 99 cents (you save $1)
DEL MONTE CANNED TOMATOES -- 2 for $3
PURDUE OVEN STUFFER ROASTER--99 cents per pound (save $1. 30 per pound)
*DOUBLE STUFF OREOS--$3.99 (save $1.70 each)
ARNOLD WHOLE GRAIN BREAD--$2.99

* you know you want them....

Check out the deals yourself, by clicking here



No comments: