Thursday, February 12, 2009

Coke Fiend


No matter how hard I try to break the habit, I cannot for the life of me stop drinking Coca-cola. I love everything about it: the bubbles, the slightly metallic sting as it hits the back of your throat, the relative naughtiness of it all ("It's the single worst thing for you!" nutritionists exclaim; "Think of your teeth!" dentists everywhere warn).

How pleased was I, then, to see that Duane Reade is currently selling two 12-packs of the stuff for the low, low price of $7. That's a little over $.29 a can--and a deal I certainly will not be passing up. 

You'll need a Duane Reade card (not a credit card--just a shopper rewards card. It's free after you fill out a form and, if you don't have one, you should get one immediately: the place has sales galore but you only get the sale price with your card). And you'll need to get there quick. The sale ends tomorrow. 


No comments: