Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cheap Meat

At left: Nice hat.


Tom Colicchio, of Top Chef fame and of the -Craft chain of restaurants, is opening a new, discounted meat emporium, appropriately called "Halfsteak." According to Crain's New York

"Halfsteak will serve a menu of small plates, sandwiches, "small pots" and half order steaks, all for under $15. The menu also includes individually sized desserts like cupcakes and ice cream sandwiches, as well as half pints of beer for $4 and specialty cocktails, such as My Better Half, for $7.50. The space has 44 seats, including 12 at the bar." 

Sounds promising, though the restaurant's MeatPacking district locale (its slated to open on Tenth Avenue and 15th Street), is slightly unappetizing to an Upper East Sider like myself. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the reviews say: if it's not "half"-bad (it's almost 5pm, my ability to withstand the cheesy pun evaporated hours ago), I may actually make the trip. 

 

No comments: