Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Lure of the Free

Cathy Horyn had a great article in today's Times, on all the free stuff retailers are offering to tempt would-be abstainers into their stores. I normally wouldn't fall for it, but the news that Benefit was offering a free eyebrow shaping at Bloomingdale's piqued my interest. Since both pruning ability and the funds to go to a pro are beyond my reach, my brows are slowly going the way of Sandy Cohen's.  It's the whole caterpillars inching towards a struggle to the death look. Very chic. 

However, upon a closer reading it seems the plucking promo has passed. Ah well. There's plenty of other free stuff out there to score, and perhaps complimentary chocolate at Bergdorf next weekend will help ease my grooming-gone-wild pains. I'll be skipping the New Yorker artists offering portraits at Saks on the 11th, however. In my unkempt state, I feel like that's just asking for it. 

No comments: