Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hertz...hurts?

So a couple weekends ago I decided to rent a car from Hertz and drive up to Boston to visit friends, a choice based on the insane prices at Amtrak as well as the broiling hell that is the JFK airport.  The trip went as usual--down to Hertz saddling me with yet another P.T. Cruiser (seriously, EVERY TIME with that car) and me stopping at the gas station on 96th on my way back to refuel before returning it to their 76th Street location. So, imagine my surprise to get a bill a couple days ago that included a charge for over $50 in gas. Not cool, Hertz. Not cool.
A phone call followed, and I was told I would be refunded within 3-5 days. I'm happy to report that the customer service representative couldn't have been nicer--that said, if you're renting from Hertz this holiday, be sure to check your bill

No comments: